We booked a room at The Virginian Suites. The 261 room spacious apartment-style accommodations are conveniently located just minutes from the heart of DC. The front desk attendant on duty when we checked in, Edward, was awesome! He is actually the first one to ever acknowledge our “Gold Level Status” with the Choice Hotels brand reward program called Choice Privileges. It didn’t really matter to us but apparently they are supposed to do that. No has ever done that before so Edward, the awesome front desk guy, automatically got a high 5 for doing that!
I fell in love with our room. The living room area was very spacious and included a desk/workspace area. And do you see that full-length mirror? I love it! I wish I could have taken it home with me.
Just off the living room, at the entrance of the kitchen, was a small dining area.
The small but fully functioning kitchen included a refrigerator, stove/oven, sink and small dishwasher. It also was equipped with plates, flatware and paper towels so all you needed was to add the food! It would be perfect for an extended stay.
The ample bedroom area was comfortable and inviting.
I did not get any pics of the bathroom but I promise you that it was fine. The only drawback to the hotel, that we encountered, was the shuttle service. It ran during the weekdays except between 2-4:30pm or after 7:30pm and they didn’t offer shuttle service on the weekends. Fortunately the DC Metro was a short walk away.
The other amenities listed on The Virginian Suites Arlington site include:
- Complimentary wired and wireless high-speed Internet access
- Custom Exercise Routes and Bike Share Information
- Seasonal outdoor swimming pool with a modern sun deck
- Men’s and women’s saunas for total relaxation
- 24-hour fitness center with state-of-the-art equipment
- Self-service laundry facilities available on premises
- Washington Post delivered daily to your door upon request
- Two complimentary business centers
- On-site self parking available at $12.00 per day (rate subject to change)
- Grocery delivery directly to your refrigerator
- Room service from a variety range of local restaurants
- Free shuttle service, operating to Rosslyn Metro and NFATC/FSI during weekdays
- Conference facilities accommodating up to 100 attendees
Our stay at The Virginian Suites was wonderful and if we happen that way again we would definitely stay there. Be sure and ‘Like’ their Facebook page: The Virginian Suites!!
p.s. If you see Edward, tell him we said hello!
- 24-hour fitness center
- apartment-style rooms
- Ascend Hotel Collection
- Choice Hotels
- Choice Prvileges
- complimentary business centers
- DC Metro
- free shuttle
- LWASOA hotel review
- on-site self parking
- outdoor swimming pool
- Rosslyn Metro
- self-service laundry facilities
- The Virginian Suites
- wired internet
- wireless internet